Thursday, July 24, 2008

Results

Got my first new stats today (had to cancel my session last night). I actually gained three pounds by the scale, but my body fat percentage went down an amount equal to five pounds. I'm not sure, but I think that means I gained eight pounds of muscle. Sounds about right.

My trainer reminded me (although he didn't have to) that the important thing is that I have been building a foundation of fitness (stronger muscles and a better-conditioned heart) that will allow me to push harder and go longer, so the weight will start coming off faster. Believe me, I take every visit to the gym, and every inch lost, as a victory. After decades of being a couch potato, I am very happy to be where I am now.

So here are the results after six weeks of pretty regular exercise:

Weight: 309 (gained 3 pounds)
Body Fat: 48% (lost 5 pounds of fat)
Upper Arm: 14-1/4" (down 3/4")
Thigh: 26-1/4" (added 2")
Waist: 50-1/4" (down 2-3/4")
Hips: 58-1/2" (down 1/2")
Chest: 51-3/4" (down 2-1/4")

And my clothing size is now 26 for the bottom and 24 for the top.

I have made some minor changes in my food habits, but now it's time to really step up those changes.

More on that next week. I'm offline for the weekend.

No comments: