Thursday, July 2, 2009

These are the numbers we want to be BIG

Body weight, body fat percentage, body part measurements...those numbers we want to get smaller. Equipment weights, timed exercises, reps (and my bowling average)...we want those numbers to get bigger.

My trainer said I should blog this, cause it's a big deal:

This morning I did barbell squats - 145 pounds - ten reps.

Not that I don't think it's a big deal, but I don't pay close attention to those numbers. He keeps track of it, and I just do what he tells me to do (as much as I can). If I looked at the weights on the machines too closely I might freak out. Like when he put the leg press at 200+ and told me to do one leg at a time. I knew he was nuts, but I tried it anyway.

Because some days, I discover I can do even more than he thinks I can. And those are the days we both smile.

So there you are, Mr. Trainer. Hey...we never settled on a nickname for you...I have some ideas.

No comments: