Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One pound from the lead

I've lost 13 pounds in the first four weeks of the gym contest. The leader (at our location) has lost 14 pounds. They won't tell us who it is, but I know it's another woman. I'm in the running!

Last week I sort of got burned out. Not sure but I might have actually been fighting off some kind of bug. I was completely drained (and a little nauseous) on Saturday, and for the first time I cancelled a training session at the last minute (which I still feel bad about...but it was the right call). By Monday I was feeling better and found myself full of energy which is still with me. In fact, today I even worked out TWICE - once in the morning and again tonight after my other plans fell through. And I did a personal best on the rowing machine - 1000 meters in 4:34!

I've never been a very competitive person, and I don't think it is really the money that is driving me (although it would be nice). I JUST WANT TO WIN THIS THING!!!

Seven and a half weeks to go.

No comments: