Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I have arrived

I head into the new year with a changed identity. Sometime during the last few weeks I have arrived at that place where I look forward to lifting weights and making my lungs ache and my heart race.

I have become "a person who works out". You know, when you are getting to know somebody new and you describe your job, and your hobbies and your interests and your beliefs...this is part of my list:

- I am a Christian.
- I'm a widow.
- My politics are mostly conservative.
- I work as a project manager.
- I like to sing, and bowl and bake cookies.
- I work out.

Who would have thought this would ever happen? Actually, I'm not completely surprised. Just really, really proud of myself! Do I have a long way to go, fitness-wise? You bet. But look how far I've come!

I leave you with good holiday wishes, spelled out in a cookie:


This was on top of a basket of cookies that I gave my trainer for Christmas. He ate this cookie in front of me while I worked out. Dude, that was cruel!

No comments: